Monday, April 19, 2010

A city built for Sin

This weekend ended up being a mess way before Friday actually hit. The initial plan was to meet up with Andrea at the airport and rendezvous to Las Vegas for the weekend. She has been out of town for the last week on business in Amsterdam. Well a volcano in Iceland had changed he flight pattern to canceled. Since I was joining her en-route I decided that I would still go to Las Vegas solo style. No volcano was going to completely ruin my weekend. ( Just put a damper on it )

Dave Briggs and I had been talking for quite some time about meeting up in the off-season and we figured out that we would end up in Vegas on the same weekend. When you hang with Briggs there is a new standard for "normal". Patron flows like water and images of fancy rap videos stream in your head. In a weekend of gambling, drifting and shows it seems that Dave is right at home here. The west coast lifestyle has caught up with him and he looks more surfer than ever. I don't think Toronto wants him back. :)

Dave Briggs - Hefner status.

Saturday we headed out to Vegas Drift and met up with a couple drift legends, in attendance was Tommy Suell, Forrest Wang, Mike Pollard as well as the crew from Keep Drifting fun: Will Rogge and Josh Herron. Briggs was nice enough to let me take it for a couple laps around the course. The people in Vegas are really nice and everyone running the event was a pleasure to meet.


To round out the weekend on Sunday morning I went to a little local breakfast joint. Hash House a go go is probably the best breakfast that I've had in America to date. This place never lets me down and the food is HUGE! Their slogan is "Twisted Farm Food" and with an up-beat atmosphere this place is a hit far and wide. They literally have house music bumping which is kind of odd for a breakfast joint but it totally fits here. Below is a pic of the giant salmon benedict I ordered. I swear there is a whole fish on the plate. I really love places with a unique business model.

No comments:

Post a Comment